Wednesday, 24 December 2014

Happy Christmas

So presents are wrapped; Last Minute Christmas Pudding steamed and ready to go and Chocolate Roulade is only a little singed around the edges.  Thought I'd take a moment to compose a brief post since I've only managed to blog once in December.  We're going to Scotland today to spend Christmas in Alloa with husband's family this year.  But I did see my family - three of my four sisters, my aunt and uncle and the English cousins the weekend before last so I don't mind.  Here we are in our sparkles celebrating my cousin's (centre) 50th birthday.  I bought a proper long dress for the occasion, the first one I've owned since the navy blue flowery one I used to wear for dances in the Woods Parish Hall with The Reflections playing.  We had a great night - my cousin's sons have a band; their dad also joined them to entertain us. They played quite a few old favourites as well as their own songs and I haven't danced so much in ages. 



I'm also including  a picture of my only attempt at Christmas craft this year  - a slightly wonky wreath made with gold sprayed dried hydrangeas - I'm quite proud of it really. 


I'm hoping to catch up with my favourite blogs over the holidays though I've noticed that quite a few I read have like me not been posting so often - busy times.  Happy Christmas to everyone who does visit here. 

10 comments:

  1. Hi Doris - that photo is wonderful. You all look great. Taken with your wreath too. Have a wonderful Christmas! Claire xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all look lovely, dressed up for the party! I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas, Doris xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful Christmas Doris! You, your sisters and cousin are absolutely gorgeous in this photo. I have never made a wreath despite being quite crafty. Yours is really beautiful and I would quite happily hang it in my house. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You all look so glam! Hope you have a lovely Xmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doris what a lovely photo of all you very glamorous ladies! Wishing you and your family a very happy Christmas, and happy and healthy new year. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a lovely Christmas in Alloa. Concur with everyone else that you all look very glam. Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas and all good things for 2015! girls night out, what a great picture. Hydrangeas, nice idea for a wreath! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your wreath is lovely - well done! I didn't make any Christmas pudding this year and no-one missed it. You all look fantastic in the picture - can't believe your cousin is 50!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous photo of you all up there! Looks as though birthday and holiday celebrations were a lot of fun. All the very best to you and yours, Doris. xxx

    ReplyDelete