Thursday, 1 January 2015

New Year, New Start

I have just attempted a mini blog makeover - nothing too technical but have at least updated the old photo and swapped to a simpler template.  It's been two years since I started the blog and since then have posted 128 times, mostly weekly, but at times at more random intervals.  I'd like to be a bit more organised in my approach to blogging and considered resolving to blog daily as ganching did last year.  But I don't think I can manage that, so this is the plan:

  • A weekly round up on a Saturday or Sunday
  • A monthly book post.  I joined in with the Year in Books last year and want to continue.
  • Sign up to the 365 photo project. I'm not an expert photographer but like to document my life.
  • Join in with other link ups such as the Scavenger Hunt. 
At the same time I'm giving up the habit of 23 years which is a daily journal/diary I usually write up at weekends. Recently it's become a chore, so I'm switching to a one line a day journal and a personal notebook in which I will write longer pieces as the mood takes me.

All this is very self indulgent and mainly for me and my obsession with recording my life.  It's good to have readers, though, even if I have little in the way of advice, recipes, or craft projects to offer. Thanks to all of you who visit and comment here. 

Here is photo number 1 for the year. New Year walk with photo shy daughter and dog.




9 comments:

  1. Doris it is always a pleasure to visit you here. I like the photo! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff as always, Doris. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Photo shy children are the bane of my life. When I started blogging they were happy to be shot at and shown on every post; now it takes major begging to get permission to put up a half face or some hands on the site!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 2 years blog anniversary and happy 2015! Claire xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will look forward to reading your blog more regularly, it will be a pleasure I am sure! Happy Blogaversary! Here is to many more years happy blogging! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fair enough, Doris, I think it's ok to be self indulgent as long as it doesn't take up more time and energy than you can dedicate to it. Also to know when to stop doing something if and when it becomes a chore. Your dog looks quite a character!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photo! I will look forward to reading your blog over 2015 x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photo - I hate getting my photo taken too. Must remember to always carry a hat and use it like this. My brother has a dog like yours called Rowan. She's a bit mad!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photo, says it all really.

    ReplyDelete